Find out all about tourist tax in Greater Lyon
Understand and declare tourist tax
What is the tourist tax used for?
In accordance with the law, and in close consultation with the Greater Lyon Tourist and Conference Office, tourist tax proceeds are used exclusively to:
- promote the destination;
- develop tourist numbers and;
- improve the welcome extended to tourists.
Tariffs (per person per night)
- Hotels and self-catering 5 star, "clés" or "épis" and city break luxury :
- until 31 December 2015 inclusive : EUR 1.65
- from 1 January 2016 : 2.47 EUR ;
- Hotels and self-catering 4 star, "clés" or "épis" and premium city break: EUR 1.65;
- Hotels and self-catering 3 star, "clés" or "épis" and comfort city break: EUR 1.10;
- Hotels and self-catering 2 star, "clés" or "épis" and super comfort holliday villages: EUR 0.99;
- Hotels and self-catering 1 star, "clés" or "épis" and comfort holiday villages: EUR 0.83;
- Accommodation not classified and not awarded any labels: EUR 0.83;
- 3, 4 and 5 star campsites: EUR 0.61;
- 1 and 2 star campsites: EUR 0.22.
Tourist tax has to be paid by anyone staying in commercial accommodation in Greater Lyon, who does not have a residence in the territory for which they are already liable to pay residence tax.
Online tourist tax declaration platform
You are an accommodation manager? To make your life easier, make your tourist tax declaration online.