The business property market: 2015 - an exceptional year for the Métropole de Lyon
2 February 2016
The Métropole de Lyon is a dynamic area. The proof with the latest figures published by BNP Paribas Real Estate which show that the market in Lyon is the leader in terms of regional business property.
2015 was an excellent year for business real estate in the Lyon area, highly regarded by investors. The 272,000 m2 of rented office space in the area (+12% over 2014) represents 20% of the total volume achieved in the regions. The demand for logistics premises (400,000 m2) also showed an increase (+10%).
A sharp rise in office space business
The BNP Paribas Real Estate report states that the investment figure rose to 1.31 billion euros in 2015 (+72% over 2014), with the following spread:
- 797 million euros for offices (30% rise), which is the best performance since 2007;
- 307 million euros for commercial premises;
- 147 million euros for logistics;
- 81 million euros for business premises.
Support for new arrivals
These healthy figures reinforce the metropolitan policy in terms of business real estate and support for businesses moving into the territory. The Métropole de Lyon has put in place many measures (dedicated teams, local organizations, mixed economic clusters, sectors of excellence etc.) so that investors can develop their projects at the best conditions.
Varied high-quality projects
The territory’s attractiveness has also been reinforced by the ability of the Métropole de Lyon to offer many setting up locations. Iconic urban projects thus continue to attract investors and major groups:
- Part-Dieu, with Gecina which bought 30,700 m2 of Sky 56;
- Gerland, where Predica has bought a 15,000 m2 building and where RTE and EDF have elected to move;
- Carré de Soie, with Predica on the same area, and where Adecco will also base its future headquarters;
- La Confluence, where phase 2 has started with the acquisition by Unofi of the King Charles (9,400 m2).
The entire territory of the Métropole de Lyon shares in this dynamism since the most significant offering in terms of business premises was produced in Corbas, with Vignal Systems, over 11,100 m2.