Lyonbiopôle: subscriptions to the "Eurostars programme" workshop on 29th April 2011
22 April 2011
Lyonbiopole, worldwide competitiveness cluster in vaccines and diagnostics, organizes a "Europe" workshop on April 29th, 2011, on the next Eurostars call for projects. In order to help you to submit a proposal to this call, this workshop is organized in 3 parts:
- the presentation of the programme from 12:00 to 14:00 by Patrick Cornet (French Eurostars OSEO coordinator),
- exchanges with the speaker during lunch,
- individual confidential meetings from 14:00 to 18:00 with the speaker to discuss about a potential project.
The Eurostars intergovernmental initiative supports innovative collaborative projects of innovative European SMEs (as defined by European SMEs, investing 10% or more of its turnover or its R & D staff full-time equivalent).
A "Eurostars" project should be market driven:
- the maximum period should be three years,
- the product of research must be ready to be launched on the market within 2 years after project completion,
- an exception to this rule is applied to projects in biotechnology, biomedical, medical, for which clinical trials should begin within two years after project completion.
Eurostars is a call for projects for all sectors of activity. The minimum number of partners is 2, from two members of the initiative, the coordinator must be an innovative European SMEs.
Eurostars has 31 partner countries: Germany, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Norway, Netherlands, Poland , Portugal, Slovak Republic, Czech Republic, Romania, United Kingdom, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey...
The approved Eurostars projects receive public funding and also a quality label that has a leverage effect on private investors. Each partner country funds its nationals. OSEO fund through grants French nationals. The public funding covers 40% of eligible costs for innovative European SMEs.
Find out more
The 7th call for proposals will open soon. The deadline for applications is fixed on September 22th 2011.
To take part in the "Eurostars programme" workshop on 29th April 2011, you can subscribe until 26th April 2011.