Lyon in North America in October 2014
from 3 to 11 October 2014
A delegation from Lyon is to visit Montreal (Canada), Boston and New York (United States), from 3 to 11 October 2014.
A delegation from Lyon, comprising private and public sector figures, is to visit North America, in particular the cities of Montreal (Canada), Boston and New York (United States), from 3 to 11 October 2014.
The North American coast: a land of opportunity
The eastern coast of North America is a vast land of opportunity for Lyon’s business players and is a source of inspiration for Grand Lyon's development policies and metropolitan strategies.
Lyon has special relationships with many cities throughout the world.
- Montreal has been a partner city of Lyon since 1979,
- Boston, in the state of Massachusetts, is at the heart of cooperation prospects, in particular in the sector of life sciences,
- New York is a city of opportunity for the business players of Grand Lyon thanks to its creative and entrepreneurial dynamic.
The objectives of the delegation from Lyon
A number of objectives have been set for this trip to North America:
- the development of economic, academic, cultural and institutional cooperation,
- the exploration of good practices and innovative ecosystems in these North American cities,
- the promotion of Lyon's assets and sectors of excellenceInnovation in Greater Lyon to the highest level of political, economic and academic contacts.
Join this mission
If you are developing projects for these destinations and would like to join this mission to be part of the international dynamic coordinated by Grand Lyon, contact the International Relations Department at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Métropole de Lyon - Economic development, employment and knowledge delegation
chargé de mission partenariats internationaux