Lyon in Brussels (Belgium) in October 2013
from 7 to 10 October 2013
Trip to be confirmed.
- Economic development,
- Social cohesion,
- Territorial marketing.
The Major City Project of La Duchère presented at Brussels on the occasion of the Open Days, from 8 to 18 October 2013.
The exhibition of the Lyon La Duchère Project in Brussels (Belgium) features in the 11th staging of the "OPEN DAYS - European Week of Regions and Cities" to take place from 7 to 10 October 2013 in Brussels.
This exhibition runs until 18 October at the representation of the delegation of the Rhône-Alpes Region in Brussels.
In this context, the new initiative “100 EUrban Solutions” is a means for highlighting the urban successes financed by European Structural Funds. The Lyon La Duchère Project is, in this regard, remarkable since, mobilising the European Social Fund from 2007 to 2013, it should mobilise further European funds over the 2014-2020 period.
Key figures of the Major Lyon La Duchère Project
- Area of the ZAC (mixed development zone): 120 hectares
- Forecast total Project budget: 750 million euro incl. tax
- Public facilities: 66 million euro incl. tax
Objective of demolishing and rebuilding 1,730 homes over the total duration of the Project (2003-2016)
- 1,000 new homes delivered, 876 social housing units rehabilitated or in progress and
- 1,134 private homes (formerly in co-ownership) rehabilitated.
- 20 new blocks still to be built, i.e. 750 homes in the 2nd tranche of the ZAC.
- Real estate for business: 10,000 m2 of business premises built in La Duchère; 30,000 m2 in total over the totality of the area of the UFZ [urban freeport] (extending over Vaise to the Greenopolis programme)
- Shops: 6,800 m2 of commercial space provided in the ground floors of buildings.
Métropole de Lyon - Economic development, employment and knowledge delegation
chef de projets affaires européennes