Lyon in Birmingham (United Kingdom) from 30th January to 5th February 2014
from 30 January to 5 February 2014
Birmingham (United Kingdom)
- Economic development,
the partner city of Lyon:
- Birmingham (United Kingdom)
A delegation from Lyon visited Birmingham (United Kingdom) from 30th January to 5th February 2014.
A study tour led by the Rhône Chamber of Trades and Crafts was organized by a group of professionals from the craftwork sector from January 30 to February 5, 2014, in Birmingham, a Lyon partner city and historically very dynamic in the jewelry sector.
A program of visits was organized from January 30 to February 2 by the City of Birmingham for a group of ten jewelers from the Lyon urban area who want to develop their export activity, as well as:
- better understand practices and technological progress in the sector
- meet with professionals (suppliers and designers)
- visit the district which is fully dedicated to jewelry in Birmingham, as well as its museum and vocational institute for future craftworkers.
- visit the interior design, gift and jewelry sections of the Spring Fair International show.
This study tour was funded by the LEONARDO European Program and will open new prospects between those responsible for training in the jewelry trades in both Birmingham and Lyon, most notably the possibility of launching a platform of exchange for jewelry-sector apprentices between the two cities.
Métropole de Lyon - Economic development, employment and knowledge delegation
chargée de mission partenariats internationaux